Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Recommended Song~ Best Japan Karaoke Song for 2015: Motohiro Hata's 'Himawari No Yakusoku'(ひまわりの約束), together with Translated English Meanings

Hello. 

As you may know that, Japanese like singing Karaoke. Here, I would like to recommend a song which was extremely popular in Japan for 2015.

The most popular SONG which was sung the most frequently at Karaoke in Japan for 2015 is Motohiro Hata's (秦 基博) 'Himawari No Yakusoku (ひまわりの約束)(Sunflower Promise)'.  This song was used in the animation Movie 'Stand by Me Doraemon'. Not only the story, but also this theme song is so touching. Here, I would like to introduce this song, together with the translated English meanings of lyrics.

Regardless of the possible difficulties in translating the lyrics, I do like this song personally. Therefore, I would like to share here. If you have interest, please check it out. This time, I am trying to enclose with the translated English meanings. If you are interested in the translated Chinese meanings (both Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese), please check the following links:
http://funfunsharetime.blogspot.jp/2016/03/recommended-song-best-japan-karaoke_9.html
http://funfunsharetime.blogspot.jp/2016/03/2015k2015ktvhata-motohiro-himawari-no.html


Since I am not sure whether it is legal to copy the original Japanese lyrics here or not due to the copyright problem. If you are interested in the original Japanese lyrics, please search for it on the internet.

From time to time, I will try to share some translated lyrics, together with my recommended songs.
If you have interest in this kind of sharing as well,  please keep an eye on my blog or you may try to send requests to me. Thanks!

Here we go,
Song: ★ Himawari No Yakusoku (ひまわりの約束) 
Artist: Motohiro Hata (秦 基博)

Official MV 

Live Performance

If you want to learn how to sing this song, the following youtube may help you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrkBN4gFI7U

I do not own the rights of this picture. If there is any offense, please let me know and I will try to delete it.


【Translated English meaning】

I have not yet started to cry. But why are you crying?
Since you feel sadder than I do
I wonder who is feeling more painful, you or me?

Even 'Today' should look meaningless, however, with you, 'Today' becomes a treasure

I want to stay with you. There should be something I can do for you
I want you to keep your smile always, if possible, forever
Since I have noticed the happy fortune here, I want to give you all true kindness and warmth, and everything like the Sunflower, from now on

Even if we may stay far away from each other in the distant future which is lit up,
Even if we may walk our own way, separately,  I believe that we will certainly meet again

Our previously-different strides are overlapping right now
I always remember that you are staying with me and I never forget this casual moment as well
I hope that I can still keep my smile when I shake hands to you on the departure day

I want to return all true kindness and warmth, and everything like the Sunflower to you. However, I guess you will probably say that it is enough because I understand you.

I want to stay with you. There should be something I can do for you
I want you to keep your smile always, if possible, forever
Since I have found the meaning of the true happy fortune, I want to give you all true kindness and warmth, and everything like the Sunflower, from now on

Since I am not a professional translator and I just try to translate the lyrics on an interest base.
Therefore, please be noted that I may get some meaning translated wrong due to personal subjectivity. Sorry for that and hope that you have enjoyed my blog. Thanks for reading. If you want me to translate some lyrics, you may request. I may come to know more songs as well.^^ 


I have tried to translate the lyrics of some other Japanese songs as well. If you are interested, please check my previous blogs as well. 

Thanks for reading! See you~~~